Linux Mint by Linux Mint Community.The Linux Mint is controlled, Sponsored and maintained by Linux Mint Community with full list of third party sponsors for Linux Mint Community. The Linux Mint is the Desktop Linux OS. The Linux Mint is maintained by community and hence it is provided to us at free of cost. In this tutorial we have to Downloaded and Installed the Linux Mint on our system as step by step manner with Screenshots.
Linux Mint latest Features
- New Login Screen is introduced
- the New software sources is introduced
- Now VM snapshots have supported
- Suports VMware Tools & Services
- Wifi and Graphics drivers are present by default on Drivers Manager
- Cinnamon is updated to the 2.2 versions
- System improvements and bug fixed
- New features like LVM thin Support
- The Gnome , KDE, Cinnomon DE are updated to latest versions
- Most of the Ethernet Cards are supported
For Pen/USB/Flash Drive
Run the Universal USB Installer tool to make the successful Linux Mint Bootable Pen/USB/Flash Drive
For CD/DVD Drive
Burn ISO images of official Linux Mint Images using Third Party image burning tools.
Installation of Linux Mint
Installation of Linux Mint is very straight forward and Like a Ubuntu installation thanks to the anaconda installer for graphical installer that provides simple and clean installation. just follow the steps for successful Linux Mint installation.
Step-I( Setting of BIOS)
Make sure you have set the First Priority Boot device to CD/DVD and Second priority Boot Device to the USB Drive and these settings can be accessed through by F4 & F12 Function Keys when the BIOS is loaded.