Linux Mint 17 codenamed as Qiana by Linux Mint Community.The Linux Mint is controlled, Sponsored and maintained by Linux Mint Community with full list of third party sponsors for Linux Mint Community. The Linux Mint 17 is the Desktop Linux OS. The Linux Mint is maintained by community and hence it is provided to us at free of cost. In this tutorial we have to Downloaded and Installed the Linux Mint 17 on our system as step by step manner with Screenshots.
Linux Mint 17 latest Features
- New Login Screen is introduced
- grub is updated to grub2.x versions
- the New software sources is introduced
- It having Long term of validity of until 2019
- Kernel is updated to 3.13 versions
- Now VM snapshots have supported
- Suports VMware Tools & Services
- Wifi and Graphics drivers are present by default on Drivers Manager
- Cinnamon is updated to the 2.2 versions
- System improvements and bug fixed
- New features like LVM thin Support
- The Gnome , KDE, Cinnomon DE are updated to latest versions
- Most of the Ethernet Cards are supported
- And more on Linux Mint 17 release notes
Official Direct Download links for Linux Mint 17
Make Linux Mint 17 Bootable Pen/USB/Flash Drive & CD/DVD Drive
For Pen/USB/Flash Drive
Run the Universal USB Installer tool to make the successful Linux Mint 17 Bootable Pen/USB/Flash Drive
For CD/DVD Drive
Burn ISO images of official Linux Mint 17 Images using Third Party image burning tools.
Installation of Linux Mint 17 Step by Step (Stepwise) with Snap/Screen Shots
Installation of Linux Mint 17 is very straight forward and Like a Ubuntu 14 installation thanks to the anaconda installer for graphical installer that provides simple and clean installation. just follow the steps for successful Linux Mint 17 installation.
Step-I( Setting of BIOS)
Make sure you have set the First Priority Boot device to CD/DVD and Second priority Boot Device to the USB Drive and these settings can be accessed through by F4 & F12 Function Keys when the BIOS is loaded.
Step-II(Starting of Linux Mint 17 Installation)
Step-III(Select the Language)
Step-IV(Preparing to install Linux Mint)
Step-VI(Manual Partitioning and Schemes)
Step-VIII(Create Mount point)
Step-IX(Create SWAP Space that is double of your RAM Capacity)
Step-X(Click on Install Now to Start the installation)
Step-XI(Select your Location)
Step-XII(Setup Keyboard Layout)
Step-XIII(Provide Details and Setup user and password)
Step-XIV(Installer is installing Boot Loader and Software’s)
Step-XV(Finishing the installation by clicking on Restart Now)
Congratulations now you have installed Linux Mint 17.