Introduction to the Cairo-Dock
Cairo-Dock could be a pretty, light-weight and convenient interface to your desktop, ready to replace well your system panel! It options multi-docks, taskbar, launchers and plenty of helpful applets.
It will use hardware acceleration to be in no time and low on CPU.This meta-package provides the parts necessary for running Cairo-Dock. It provides the Cairo-Dock core, a collection of ordinary plugins and therefore the files necessary to integrate Cairo-Dock together with your desktop surroundings. More Info and Details regarding to this find at Official website of Cairo-Dock.
Features of Cairo-Dock
- Cairo-Dock could be a desktop interface that takes the form of docks, desklets, panel, etc
- It’s designed to be light, fast and customizable, and is desktop-agnostic.
- It’s a strong DBus interface, to be controlled from a terminal or another application.
- Features is added by plug-ins or applets.
- Applets is written in C or in any language.
- Numerous ready-to-use themes are available in 1 click
- Most actions is done from keyboard.
- Work with Most of the Linux Desktop Environment
- Writing easily an applet in your favorite language (Python, Ruby, Vala, Mono, Bash, etc.)
- It can use hardware acceleration to be in no time and low on CPU
- Support Most of Protocol and Standards
- Easily Customized by end users
- If you’re a Programmer then write a full-featured applet in C
- It support OpenGL Renderer for fast Dock rendering
- It is the most popular dock with personalized setting
- Cairo dock has clean interface dock
- Settings can be applied with ease on the cairo dock
- It can be used as a shortcut bar for the most usage apps.
Install & Configure Cairo-Dock on Ubuntu 14 / LinuxMint 17 / Debian 7
On Linux Mint 17/16/15/14/13
$ sudo -v $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cairo-dock-team/ppa $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
On Ubuntu 14/13/12/11/10
$ sudo -v $ echo "deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/glxdock/repository/ubuntu $(lsb_release -sc) cairo-dock" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list $ wget -q http://download.tuxfamily.org/glxdock/repository/cairo-dock.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add - $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
On Debian 7/6/5/4/3
$ echo "deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/glxdock/repository/debian testing cairo-dock ## Cairo-Dock Stable" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list $ wget -q http://download.tuxfamily.org/glxdock/repository/cairo-dock.gpg -O- | apt-key add - $ apt-get update $ apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
That`s all now, you have Installed Cairo-Dock on Linux Distributions.You’re now ready to use the Cairo-Dock on your systems. Just Boot to the Linux Distributions and see the action of the Cairo-Dock. Ensure that the Cairo-Dock is integrate perfectly with the Linux Desktop Environment. Enjoy the Dock on your system. Any difficulties regarding the installation and configuration use the comment section below.