Cairo-Dock is a extension to the MAC OS X like Dock for Linux Based Operating System & It is just like a Docky. By installing Cairo Dock you should speed up your work process by creating shortcut of your most usage apps on Cairo-Dock.This Tutorial describe about Cairo-Dock 3.3 Install on Ubuntu 13.04 / 13.10 / 14.04 / Ubuntu 12.10 /Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and Linux Mint 17/16/15/14/13 with details and screen shots.
Introduction to the Cairo-Dock
Cairo-Dock could be a pretty, light-weight and convenient interface to your desktop, ready to replace well your system panel! It options multi-docks, taskbar, launchers and plenty of helpful applets.
Applets are often detached from the dock to act as desktop widgets. various ready-to-use themes area unit out there in one click, and might be simply tailored at your convenience.
It will use hardware acceleration to be in no time and low on CPU.This meta-package provides the parts necessary for running Cairo-Dock. It provides the Cairo-Dock core, a collection of ordinary plugins and therefore the files necessary to integrate Cairo-Dock together with your desktop surroundings. More Info and Details regarding to this find at Official website of Cairo-Dock.
Features of Cairo-Dock
- Cairo-Dock could be a desktop interface that takes the form of docks, desklets, panel, etc
- It’s designed to be light, fast and customizable, and is desktop-agnostic.
- It’s a strong DBus interface, to be controlled from a terminal or another application.
- Features is added by plug-ins or applets.
- Applets is written in C or in any language.
- Numerous ready-to-use themes are available in 1 click
- Most actions is done from keyboard.
- Work with Most of the Linux Desktop Environment
- Writing easily an applet in your favorite language (Python, Ruby, Vala, Mono, Bash, etc.)
- It can use hardware acceleration to be in no time and low on CPU
- Support Most of Protocol and Standards
- Easily Customized by end users
- If you’re a Programmer then write a full-featured applet in C
- It support OpenGL Renderer for fast Dock rendering
- It is the most popular dock with personalized setting
- Cairo dock has clean interface dock
- Settings can be applied with ease on the cairo dock
- It can be used as a shortcut bar for the most usage apps.
Install & Configure Cairo-Dock on Ubuntu 14 / LinuxMint 17 / Debian 7
On Linux Mint 17/16/15/14/13
$ sudo -v $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cairo-dock-team/ppa $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
On Ubuntu 14/13/12/11/10
$ sudo -v $ echo "deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/glxdock/repository/ubuntu $(lsb_release -sc) cairo-dock" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list $ wget -q http://download.tuxfamily.org/glxdock/repository/cairo-dock.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add - $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
On Debian 7/6/5/4/3
$ echo "deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/glxdock/repository/debian testing cairo-dock ## Cairo-Dock Stable" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list $ wget -q http://download.tuxfamily.org/glxdock/repository/cairo-dock.gpg -O- | apt-key add - $ apt-get update $ apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
That`s all now, you have Installed Cairo-Dock on Linux Distributions.You’re now ready to use the Cairo-Dock on your systems. Just Boot to the Linux Distributions and see the action of the Cairo-Dock. Ensure that the Cairo-Dock is integrate perfectly with the Linux Desktop Environment. Enjoy the Dock on your system. Any difficulties regarding the installation and configuration use the comment section below.